Position Title: Junior Occupational Therapist
Department: Health Services
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The incumbent of this position will adhere to all legislative requirements in order to fulfil the necessary requirements to support the Plant, Health Services and TSAM Employees
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Functional Capacity Testing, Return to work and Suitability Assessments
- Disability, Incapacity and Z095 Case Management
- Ergonomics and Work Site Visits
- Work Readiness and Vocational Rehabilitation
- Executive Reporting
- Customer Service/Team work
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12/Matric
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with HPCSA
- WorkWell or similar training will be beneficial but not essential
- 2 years’ experience working as an Occupational Therapist.
- Sound understanding of Ergonomics principles, OHS Act & Regulations
- Proven ability in Occupational Therapy for body strengthening, vocational rehabilitation and physical performance improvement.
- Experience in rehabilitation projects in an industrial environment will be an advantage
- Experience in functional capacity testing and work rehabilitation will be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of H&S Management systems
- Accident / root cause analysis
COMPETENCIES OF THE JOB:
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Stress tolerance
- Time management
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy.
- MS Office suite
- Electronic patient management system/s (Medemass)
- Understanding of the Health Professionals Council of South Africa rules & regulations
- Fluency in English required.
- Fluency in isiZulu would be an advantage.
Please forward your CV with copies of your certificate’s to firstname.lastname@example.org (Wellness Health Outcomes HR Office) on or before 25 July 2018.
APPOINTMENT WILL BE MADE IN LINE WITH THE COMPANY’S EE PLAN.