Ndlovu Care Group is a South African NGO based in a rural environment, Elandsdoorn, Limpopo Province which provides comprehensive integrated Health/Community Development services as part of a large scale HAART/TB program
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated, highly motivated, flexible Pediatric Occupational Therapist (OT) who will deliver treatment to young children with a disability, who is interested in working in resource poor areas, for a newly established disability care program in the township area of Elandsdoorn, Dennilton, and has the skills to train parents and care workers in the application of daily activities in their daily life and in other day care centers.
This disability program will be delivered by Ndlovu Care Group (NCG), a NGO, which up to now has focused on HIV/AIDS care in a region of 160.000 inhabitants. NCG has more than 200 employees.
The disability care program will provide therapy to young children with physical disabilities in a number of daycare centers in the region.
The Centre will provide therapy for children with all kind of physical disabilities from birth to 12 years of age.
– A recognized B degree in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent qualification at a minimum of M+3 (NQF7)
– Registration with the H.P.C.S.A as an Occupational Therapist and other relevant statutory bodies.
– At least 5 years clinical experience.
– Minimum 5 years working in a disability care
– Valid driver’s license and own transport
– Experience in physical/vocational rehabilitation will be an advantage
– A course/experience in Rehabilitation and Functional Assessment an advantage
– The successful candidate must be passionate about working with children and either trained in other therapeutic methods, e.g. Conductive Education, Sensory Integration, Early Intervention, or willing to commit to doing the such courses.,
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:-
– Conducting group therapy sessions
– Fulfilling administration requirements in line with HPCSA regulations
– Work with a multidisciplinary team and manage and supervise support staff
– Comprehensive assessment of disabled clients
– Management of individual cases
– Running development skill activities with disabled children
– Demonstrates a responsibility towards promoting the educational and developmental potential of all participants
– Applicants need to do some travelling and do home visits to clients
– General practice management (e.g. keeping track of consumables)
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE’S MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING
– Active malpractice insurance
– Be aware of the requirements of the children’s acts
– Clearance Certificate for working with children
– Ability to work independently
– Good time management
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– Supervisory experience will be an advantage
– Leadership skills, organisational & planning skills
– Good health and physical fit-must be able to obtain a medical certificate of fitness.
Candidates should submit their application and detailed CV to Anita Foulds, HR Administrator, at fax number 013 262 3498 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please note Submission of a CV does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview. Please further note that if you have not had a response from us within 7 days after the closing date of this advert, you can deem your application as unsuccessful.
Closing date for all applications: 17 March 2017 @ 12H00