Occupational Therapist – Cresset House – Midrand
Cresset House, a residential facility for intellectually impaired adults situated in Glen Austin (Midrand), is looking for a dynamic, innovative Occupational Therapist to implement a programme to optimise the participation of residents in domestic, leisure and productive activities.
The successful candidate must be available from 1 July 2017. The position will initially be on a part time basis (10 hours per week) with the option to increase hours should it be required for successful implementation of the project. Contractual and remuneration matters will be negotiated with shortlisted applicants.
Critical Outputs: Job
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analysing the activities on offer at Cresset house according to level of complexity and to allocate residents to the different areas according to their identified interest and level of ability. Allocation of villagers to tasks / aspects of tasks, within the areas is required.
- Assist with skill acquisition to enable villagers to perform meaningful roles in the daily running of Cresset.
- To identify the level of facilitation required for lower functioning villagers to enable their optimal participation in the various activities.
- To advise and train support staff with regards to the best methods of facilitating optimal participation by villagers.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- 3 years or more working experience
- Registered with HPCSA
Please note that:
No late applications will be considered
If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.