OTASA STANDING COMMITTEES
WFOT: Helen Buchanan
OTARG: Pat de Witt
Ethical: Jo-Celene de Jongh
CPD: Dorothy Russell
Publications – Coordinator: Nicola Plastow
Publications – FOCUS: Sylvia Birkhead
Publications – SAJOT: Blanche Pretorius & Marj Concha
Coding & Procedure: Haley Norval
Education: Kitty Uys
Occupational Science : Roshan Galvaan
Research : Hanlie Pitout
Historian: Rosemary Crouch
OTT task team: Carmenita Dampies
If you would like to contact a committee member please contact the OTASA Office, who will put you in touch with the respective committee member.
Structure and Functions:
- Only full members of the Association may be a Committee member.
- Council will elect the Chairperson of a newly formed Standing Committee and Council will also ratify members of such Committees.
- The Chairperson of a Standing Committee will be elected by the Committee concerned (unless otherwise stipulated in the committees Standing Orders) at their last meeting before the Council.
- Council will ratify the election of the Chairperson of the Standing committee. The term of office will be 2 (two) years, from the first Council meeting after the Annual General Meeting until the election of the new Chairperson. Any Chairperson is eligible for re-election, but may not hold office for more than 3 (three) consecutive terms of office.
- The Chairperson of each Standing committee will report at each meeting of Council and at any other time on the request of the President.
- If any existing Standing Committee ceases to function, a new committee will be constituted by Council as proposed in Article 16.
- The Council and or Exco may from time to time establish an Ad Hoc Committee and define the powers and duties of each such committee, as stipulated in the Standing Orders.
- Ad Hoc Committees will cease to exist when their tasks have been completed unless the need arises for the Ad Hoc Committee to be transformed into a Standing Committee.
- Ad Hoc Committees will report back to the next Council.
Coding and Procedures