Resilience Occupational Therapy Practice is looking for an eager and dynamic Occupational Therapist to join their assessment team on a part-time basis; with the potential to proliferate within the practice to a full-time position.
The OT should have passion for this field and be determined to expand their knowledge and expertise. They will be required to conduct medico-legal assessments for third party claims, with guidance and mentorship from the senior team members. The position will begin with approximately 4-6 medico-legal assessments per month as of January 2019.
Essential requirements for the position
• Matric/ Grade 12 certificate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy.
• Current Registration with the HPCSA.
• Must have 3 years’ experience working in the medico-legal field.
• DVR Diploma.
• ErgoScience trained.
• WorkWell or similar training will be beneficial.
• Access to own laptop/computer.
• Computer literate with proficient typing speed.
Knowledge and skills
• Decent written and spoken English language.
• Well-established report writing skills.
• Retains clinical reasoning and can confidently apply this to each individual case.
• Vast knowledge across all fields of OT; including physical, psychiatric, vocational rehabilitation and paediatric clients.
• Time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal abilities.
• Self-disciplined with superior time management to execute and organize own workload.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Can establish a good affinity with clients.
• Enthusiastic and open to learning and criticism.
• To receive training and mentorship.
• Complete 1-2 assessments within the practice per week.
• Compiling medico-legal reports within the stipulated time frame (10 days).
• Be willing to attend court trials.
If you are interested and have the necessary requirements for the position, please submit your CV to the following email address: email@example.com, with the subject marked “PART-TIME OT APPLICATION”.
NB: Please include a cover letter to tell us more about yourself and two (2) of your recent medico-legal reports. The CV must include three (3) contactable references. All applicants will be contacted and suitable applicants will be interviewed. Deadline for applications: Wednesday, the 7th of January 2019