HALF DAY OR FULL DAY OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY POSITION AT THERAPY IN ACTION (Somerset west/Stellenbosch)
A part time occupational therapy position has become available within a dynamic and busy multidisciplinary practice – Therapy in Action. The suitable candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside our innovative and dynamic team of occupational therapists and physiotherapists. Details of the position and application instructions are outlined below.
|Specialty field||:||Vocational Rehabilitation and Pain management|
|Primary tasks||:||· Delivering functional capacity evaluations (physical, neuro and psych conditions).
· Administering work site assessments/ Job analysis.
· Disability management (Eg. scheduling worksite meetings).
· Case management.
· Disability training.
· Pain management (Independent and group sessions).
· Vocational rehabilitation (Work hardening and conditioning).
|Hours per week||· Half day or Full day post (Subject to candidates credentials)|
|Commencement date||:||· As soon as possible.|
|Primary location||· The successful candidate will primarily be working from our Somerset West branch, although service delivery will also occur at our other Stellenbosch branch and surrounds.
· The candidate must be willing to travel to our clients, as deemed appropriate and must have his/her own transport.
|Qualifications, Experience and Competency||:||· Degree in occupational therapy at a recognised university, approved by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
· Active Registration with the HPCSA.
· Registered with MPS.
· Minimum of 3- 4 years’ relevant OT experience.
· Sound clinical reasoning skills.
· Experience in vocational rehabilitation, administration of functional capacity evaluations, ergonomic evaluations, case management and pain management.
· Effective interdisciplinary team worker with good interpersonal skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Practical, innovative, able to manage complex matters and work autonomously.
· Excellent time management and administrative skills.
· Excellent English report writing skills (essential).
· A postgraduate qualification in vocational rehabilitation, training in case management, ergonomic certification and/or the certification of a recognised functional capacity evaluation-training course will be beneficial.
|Driver’s license||· The candidate must possess a standard and valid driver’s license.
· The candidate must also have his/her own car since the role does involve driving to clients from time to time.
|Instructions to apply for the vacancy||:||
READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND ENSURE THAT THE RELEVANT DOCUMENTATION IS PREPARED TO BE SENT AS ONE BATCH AND NOT FORWARDED/SENT AS SEPARATE EMAILS.
Please email your CV to email@example.com titled as follows:
“OT Vacancy: NAME, SURNAME & HPCSA nr.”
EXAMPLE: OT Vacancy: Candice Williams, HPCSA OT00000
Documents to accompany your application should include the following:
1. A cover letter (to accompany your CV), comprising no more than two paragraphs (max 200 words) motivating your reason for applying for this particular position.
2. An up to date curriculum vitae. (please enclose a statement which confirms that your registration details are up to date and that the details contained in your CV are accurate and correct.
3. A minimum of two references of which the contact details should be provided.
4. An example of an OT report compiled by the applicant should accompany the application. (Note that the candidate should enclose a declaration to indicate that the report is his/her own work. Please note that the authenticity of the report will be evaluated).
Note that the candidate will be contacted within a 7 to 10 -day period, should the practice be interested in your skills and experience. If you do not hear from us, please accept that your application has not been successful.
|Remuneration||· To be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.|
|Closing date for applicants||:||· 31 January 2017|