Dear OTASA member,
As you are aware demands in the National OT office are consistently increasing and OTASA needs to keep abreast with the changing times and rate of growth in the organisation.
After long and careful thought, OTASA Exco has taken the decision to change the approach of the Association. Such change would entail that the Association positions itself to offer relevant services to members and prospective members which requires personnel with the necessary capacity and skillset for the office to function efficiently and professionally.
As a result, the Association is restructuring its operations to offer efficient, cost effective and attractive services and benefits through skilled employees. This will enable the association to enhance its offering and resources for providing a service that will add value to its members.
Please find attached, COO vacancy:
- Enquiries: Riette Smit (OTASA Treasurer) email@example.com
- Closing date: 28 February 2018
- Please submit your application for the attention of: Riette Smit (OTASA Treasurer) firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Title : Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Organization : The Occupational Therapy Association of South Africa (OTASA)
Remuneration : Negotiable (per annum)
Minimum educational qualification
A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy is required, with extensive experience as a middle or senior manager in an occupational therapy service sector, e.g. health, education, social, private practise, etc.
A Master’s degree in health sciences, public health, business or public service administration is recommended.
Registration and professional membership requirements
Registration with the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as an Independent Occupational Therapy Practitioner
Membership with the Occupational Therapy Association of South Africa (OTASA)
A Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist, of which 5 must be as a middle or senior manager in an occupational therapy service sector, e.g. health, education, social, private practice, etc.
Experience in both the public and private sectors is recommended
Inherent Requirement of the job:
- Valid (Code B) driver’s licence
- Must be willing to travel when necessary
- Must be willing to work “odd” hours – maybe “after hours” when necessary
- Must participate in continued personal professional development
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures, systems and objectives
- Appropriate and proven managerial competencies including human, financial and physical resource management, strategic and operational planning and implementation and conflict resolution
- Sound knowledge of national and international health and social delivery systems policies, including the National Rehabilitation Policy, Primary Health Care Re-engineering, White Paper on National Health Insurance (NHI), Framework and Strategy for Disability and Rehabilitation, White Paper on the Rights for Persons with Disability, The National Mental Health Policy Framework and Strategic Plan 2013-2020, National Department of Health Human Resources for Health: HRH Strategy for the Health Sector: 2012/13 – 2016/17
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a changing environment
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications
- Skill in developing comprehensive reports
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex data
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership, motivational, organisational and decision making skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team and at a supervisory level with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Should be an experienced Occupational Therapist with proven expertise in this field
- Fluency in at least two of the three official languages of the Republic of South Africa
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Overall strategic and operational management of the Occupational Therapy Association of South Africa (OTASA) as informed by the association strategic plan and relevant legislative framework
- Effective and efficient corporate governance as guided by the relevant regulatory and statutory bodies, laws and ethical standards of practice and quality management processes
- Management of the human, financial and physical resources as directed by relevant policies and operational procedures
- Participate in and support strategies to represent the Association at a national and international level
Enquiries: Riette Smit (OTASA Treasurer) email@example.com
Closing date: 28 February 2018
Please submit your application for the attention of: Riette Smit (OTASA Treasurer) firstname.lastname@example.org