Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) / Occupational Therapy Technician (OTT)
Highlands House, Cape Town, Western Cape
Highlands House, a long term aged care facility, requires the services of an Occupational Therapy Assistant / Technician to join a dynamic team of professionals and carers who strive to meet the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of each individual resident in order to approve their quality of life.
The OTA / OTT will assist the Occupational Therapist to facilitate the Occupational Therapy Programme on the Special Care Unit with our residents living with Dementia or Cognitive Difficulties. Duties will include: planning and facilitating of group activities; development and management of resources; monitoring of the programme; participating in team meetings; promote sensory stimulation and occupational enrichment of residents.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Qualification as an OTA / OTT and registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa
- Previous experience facilitating activities or groups
- Practical skills (e.g. sewing, cooking, arts and crafts)
- Patience and sensitivity
- Ability to plan and organise, motivate self and others
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Ability to communicate with people of varying backgrounds and cultural sensitivity
Previous Experience working with the elderly would be an added advantage. Should you have the relevant skills, ability and experience, please email your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org for attention Naomi Meyer by Friday the 3rd February 2017.