OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS – 3 VACANCIES (2 in DURBAN AND 1 in EAST LONDON BRANCHES)
Andiswa Gowa Practice (AGP) is a well-established successful Occupational Therapy Practice headquartered in Durban, specializing in the area of Medico-Legal matters, Functional Capacity Evaluations, Work analysis, Ergonomic assessments, and Vocational rehabilitation. AGP is looking for Occupational Therapists who display strong clinical skills, excellent report writing skills, competent assessment capabilities, inherent levels of motivation and accountability and have experience in rehabilitation procedures.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE: The successful candidate will form part of the dynamic and professional team involved in the proficient assessment and evaluation of clients and development of comprehensive reports for medico legal purposes, inclusive of Functional Capacity Evaluations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Conduct detailed assessments and analysis thereof;
- Compile reports according to needs of the practice;
- Perform rehabilitation and treatment according to approved guidelines;
- Actively participate and contribute to the effective functioning of the practice.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy;
- Current registration with Health Professional Council of South Africa
- Minimum of three to five years of direct assessment, therapy, and report writing experience. Assessments should include paediatric, physical, cognitive, and psychosocial components. Reports may include, but are not limited to, clinical and rehabilitation reports, functional capacity evaluation reports and medico legal reports;
- Experience in medico legal work and training in vocational assessment tools such as Workwell will be a distinctive advantage;
- Training and experience in vocational assessment and rehabilitation, neurodevelopmental techniques, accessibility audits, and hand rehabilitation, will be an added advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Experience in multiple clinical fields including neurology, orthopaedics, paediatrics and psychiatry;
- High level of initiative, self-direction and a strong sense of accountability;
- Flexibility to travel to other provinces when required.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Market related and competitive.
Contact person: Ms Yolisa Magadlela
Email cv: email@example.com
Tel: 031 305 6413