NPO Part-time Paediatric Occupational Therapy Post – Plettenberg Bay
Our NPO is looking for a part time therapist to work with children with moderate to severe physical and cognitive disabilities at a special needs day care facility.
The facility is moving towards offering a more structured learning programme for these non-mainstream children and has a recently added Early Intervention class aged 2-4 years.
The role will include;
- Providing therapy, designing and overseeing individual stimulation programmes for the children
- Guiding and teaching class leaders and facilitators
- Running an early intervention clinic
- Community networking and referrals to government and private health care providers
- Workshops/presentations for parents and staff members
The candidate should have a BSc. OT/B. OT degree and be registered with the HPCSA. Experience with seating, splinting and neurodevelopmental therapy would be beneficial but not essential as mentoring is available. The candidate needs to work with initiative, be confident in making clinical decisions and work well within a multi-cultural team.
The candidate should be highly motivated to work with children with special needs and enjoy working in the community. This post would be ideal for a young, energetic, compassionate individual who has recently completed their community service.
The candidate should be available to start working in January 2018.
Please email your CV to Monique Dokter at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 16 October 2017