***Medico Legal Post – Occupational Therapy Practice in Randpark Ridge***
Megan Hales Occupational Therapy is looking for an eager and dynamic Occupational Therapist to join their assessment team on a part-time basis; with the potential to expand within the practice to a full-time position.
The OT should have a passion for this field and be determined to expand their knowledge and expertise within same. They will be required to conduct medico legal assessments for third party claims, with guidance and mentorship from the team. The position will begin with approximately 6 medico legal assessments per month.
Essential requirements for the position
- Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Current Registration with the HPCSA.
- Membership with malpractice insurance.
- ErgoScience Certification.
- Access to own laptop/computer.
- Computer literate with proficient typing speed.
Knowledge and skills
- Decent written and spoken English language.
- Well-established report writing skills.
- Retains analytical thinking and can confidently apply same to each individual case.
- Vast knowledge across all fields of OT; including physical, psychiatric and paediatric clients.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities.
- Self-disciplined with superior time management to execute and organise own workload.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Can establish a good rapport with clients.
- Enthusiastic and open to learning and criticism.
- To receive training and mentorship.
- Complete one to two 3 to 4-hour assessments within the practice per week.
- Compiling medico legal reports within the time frame stipulated.
If you are interested and retain the necessary requirements for the position, please submit your CV to Megan Hales at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject marked “OT application”. Please include a cover letter to tell us more about yourself. The CV must include three contactable references. All applicants will be contacted and suitable applicants will be interviewed. Deadline for applications: Wednesday the 15th of November 2017.