Tafelberg School in Bothasig, Western Cape, is seeking a locum occupational therapist to join the school’s Inclusive Education (IE) multi-disciplinary team from 12/9/2018 – 11/01/2019.
The primary function of the job is to give support to learners at schools in the circuit whilst they are waiting for placement at Tafelberg School. The successful therapist would need to independently
- Assess learners with specific learning disabilities (grade 1-7)
- Write comprehensive therapy reports
- Collate therapeutic programmes for teachers and parents
- Administer individual and group therapy
The successful candidate should be appropriately qualified and registered with HPCSA. The following are highly recommended:
- Experience in working in a school setting
- Good computer and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge/experience in sensory integration
- Knowledge/experience in alternative examination methods
- Ability to show initiative
Relevant evidence of qualification and own transport is a requirement. Please send your CV to email@example.com to apply for this position.
The successful applicants will be contacted to arrange for an interview. If you are not contacted, please note your application has not been successful at this time.
Closing date for applications is 15 August 2018.