Junior Occupational Therapist
Smart people work smarter when they’re empowered. When they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving. When their curiosity is encouraged to drive innovation. When they’re recognized for seeking out the unknown. It’s with this philosophy that we have built a business and workforce that’s innovating the dynamic reinsurance industry from a position of strength, integrity and rapid execution. RGA is looking for a qualified Junior Occupational Therapist who is dynamic, self-motivated to join the technical claims department in the Cape Town office. This role is an exciting development opportunity for the right candidate that could be trained and progress to becoming a trainee assessor.
RGA Reinsurance Company of South Africa (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of the Reinsurance Group of America Incorporated, listed on the New York Stock Exchange. RGA Inc is one of the 3 largest life reinsurers in the world with over $2 trillion of life reinsurance in force. RGA SA has grown significantly in the South Africa market over the last 8 years, with a premium in excess of R500 million during 2007 and total assets of over R900 million at the end of 2007. RGA South Africa serves the South African market from office locations in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will, inter alia, be responsible for:
- Managing the entire technical claims administration process including, the management of the Claims Inbox and preparing electronic claim files for assessment.
- Maintaining and ensuring data integrity of claims assessment information on internal systems.
- Ensuring that the company’s administration standards and time service requirements are applied to the handling of all claims received.
- Distributing claims to be assessed to Claims Consultants.
- Drawing and collating of technical claims assessment data
- Liaising with Operations, Valuations and Finance to ensure that the data utilised, reported on and supplied are correct
- Utilising daily statistics and information to immediately give feedback and recommendations to Claims Consultants, Operations and other areas within RGA as may be required from time to time.
- Interacting with Clients on various technical claims assessment aspects such as assessment requirements and responses.
In addition to the above duties, and once the candidate has demonstrated a high standard of competence in executing the claims administration tasks, the following trainee assessor tasks will form part of the role:
- Pre-assessment of all benefits to determine whether all claim requirements have been received from clients.
- Summarising evidence received on Claims Summary Sheets and stipulating outstanding requirements.
- Communicating the outstanding requirements to clients.
- Determine the eligibility and validity of basic benefits such as death and funeral claims.
- Develop skills over time to assess other complex benefits.
- Ad-hoc assistance to the technical claims team when preparing for client meetings, value add services, client events and other activities as may arise from time to time.
Applications will be considered from individuals who can offer the following:
- B. Occupational Therapy or similar qualification
- 2 Years clinical experience
- Good computer Literacy – Excel skills will be an advantage
- Analytical skills would be an advantage
You can further be described as:
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Deadline driven with effective time management skills
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Proactive and solution driven
- Responsible and accountable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Someone that works well within a team
- Flexible with a great ability to multi-task
The position will report to the Head of Claims of RGA South Africa with some management performed by the Senior Claims Consultant.
In order to be considered for this position a current resume and/or summary of qualifications must be submitted via the RGA careers website (www.rgare.com) by 27 November 2016.
This role is targeted at South African citizens. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged persons according to the Employment Equity Policy of RGA South Africa.
For more information on this position, please contact Bongi Motse (firstname.lastname@example.org).