HIRING: OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST AT NURTURE VEREENIGING VEREENIGING
Nurture Vereeniging Hospital is looking for an Occupational Therapists to join the treatment team. The OT should be a passionate and dedicated individual, able to work with addiction and psychiatric patients.
The Occupational therapist’s role in the program will be to have a clear understanding of the term “Wellness” and what it entails. She/he must be able to relate and explain the dimensions as to encourage a trusting relationship with the clients. The Occupational therapist is responsible for assisting people to get to know themselves better, become intrinsically motivated and to understand and become more comfortable with and within their various occupations.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current Registration with HPSCA.
- Membership for malpractice insurance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a psychiatric facility/environment
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations.
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at different levels across the hospital.
- Able to support the team to deliver strategic goals.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively implement existing evidence based practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Effective interdisciplinary team worker
- Awareness of evidence base for interventions
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Is dynamic and motivated to create change
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Wants to work in an inter-disciplinary team with other Therapists, Doctors and Nurses
- Understands psychiatry and is excited by the challenges.
- Have the personality and the attitude required to work in a psychiatric
- Is able to work patient-centred
- Provision of group sessions in the program
- Provision of individual sessions with patients
- Participation in all sessions to gain an understanding of the programme and be able to present various sessions when required
- Carrying out administrative tasks
- Assess/Interview patients
- Report writing
- Vocational assessment when needed
- Liaising with inter-disciplinary team
- Assisting colleagues when necessary
- Accompanying patients on sessions outside of the hospital and provide therapeutic interventions during these times if required
- Participating in training, supervision and team meetings.
If you meet the above criteria and have the relevant experience, submit your CV to Samantha at: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marked “OT Vereeniging” with three (3) contactable references of Line Managers you reported to. Should you not receive a response within two weeks, kindly accept that your application has not been successful.