FULL TIME OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST POST – KZN
Lily of the Valley is a Child Youth and Care Centre catering for vulnerable and orphaned/abandoned children. We do not generally cater for children with moderate-severe mental or physical disabilities but many of our children experience disabilities due to their medical and social backgrounds. We strive to enable our children to achieve their true potential. To do this we are in the process of developing the Exit Programme to cater for those that do not thrive academically. This includes a Supported Employment service.
Lily is looking for an Occupational Therapist to run the Employment Programme, who has strong organisational and administrative skills as well as strength of character to work with teenagers/young adults.
Main Job Purpose: To equip and support young adults with disabilities to gain and maintain fair employment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Vocational Preparation of young adults
- Holistic development of young adults
- Functional Capacity Assessments
- Job Searching and Matching
- Employer, Co-worker and Employee training and support
- Funding and Administration management of the programme
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with HPCSA
- Has drivers licence or intending to get it soon
- High level of initiative, self-direction and a strong sense of accountability
- Good communication and teamwork skills
Location: Mophela/Eston, Kwazulu Natal
Position type: Permanent
Salary: R15, 500.00 per month (less UIF and PAYE)
Start Date: As soon as possible, latest 31 July 2017.
Contact person: Mr T Mncwabe (Operations Manager – Lily of the Valley)
Email cv: email@example.com
Cell: 0833539158 or 0311000111