Contract Occupational Therapy Post Available in a Private Hand Therapy Practice – Worcester, Western Cape
- Professional registration as an Occupational Therapist with community service being completed.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in hand therapy and splinting.
- ErgoScience qualification will be to your benefit.
- Own reliable transport.
The ideal candidate needs to:
- definitely be available for a physical interview. No Skype interviews will be conducted as your splinting abilities will be assessed in the interview.
- be fluent in Afrikaans, as much of the population is Afrikaans, but English proficiency is also necessary. Professional language use is of utmost importance.
- be able to make splints independently (some training will be available, but please note you need to know much of the basics already and be confident in your splinting ability for private patients).
- be able to asses and treat common hand injuries and conditions.
- be able to asses and treat wounds.
- be healthy, fit and strong with no previous upper limb, neck or back conditions.
- be emotionally stable and healthy (psychometric testing will most probable be conducted before the appointment is made).
- be able to work under pressure or in stressful situations with demanding patients and doctors.
- be able to manage a full case load and multitask in sessions.
- have excellent time management skill and be able to work (and splint) efficiently and stay within deadlines and time slots.
- be able to work independently, take responsibility for yourself and manage your work load efficiently.
- have problem solving skills and show initiative in unknown/new situations.
- already be trained in ErgoScience or at least have had some exposure to this and show interest in conducting FCE’s and writing reports.
- be able to work and manage flexible working hours responsibly, thus sometimes having free time during normal office hours but then also sometimes needs to be willing to work outside normal office hours.
- be willing to work on call every second weekend.
Basic info regarding the position:
- A six month contract will be available, with the possibility of renewing the contract, depending on the needs of everyone involved. You will need to commit 100% to at least the six month period.
- Position is available 15 January 2018, if not 2 January 2018.
- Remuneration will be discussed with the successful candidate and will depend on case load.
All interested parties to send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org