Title of the post: Absenteeism & Incapacity Case Consultant (Occupational Therapist)
Reports to: AID, MSK & IMC Operations Manager
Location: Dunkeld West, JHB / Kloof, Durban
Shifts: Full time
Salary: Market-related & qualification / experience considered
Primary purpose of the job
To perform absenteeism, incapacity and disability case management for a variety of clients.
Registered Occupational Therapist
3-5 years clinical experience, including previous experience in functional capacity evaluations and working within the field of vocational rehabilitation
Previous incapacity and disability case management experience.
(Key Behaviour Areas)
Excellent communication skills both verbal & written; good computer literacy; good interpersonal skills; strong report writing skills with solid independent clinical reasoning; attention to detail; sound judgement and decision making skills; excellent time management skills; ability to work independently and under pressure
Strong team player with the ability to work independently as well as within a strong clinical team
Language competencies English & Zulu/Xhosa would be beneficial
ICAS is ideally equipped to assist both managers and employees with support as part of an Absenteeism and Incapacity management process within the workplace. A customised, non-punitive approach is used, based on the premise that absence from work is often a strong indicator that underlying issues are negatively affecting an employee’s health. Our approach focuses on staff retention, and the prompt resolution of these issues in order to maximise return on investment and overall employee wellbeing.
The candidate will be responsible to perform absenteeism, incapacity and disability case management for a variety of ICAS clients within the AID team. As part of the role, the candidate will be required to assess and identify suitable interventions to assist with optimising the overall case management of employees – this may include recommendations on identifying and managing absenteeism trends, presenteeism, opportunistic sick leave, guidance on potential temporary and permanent incapacity cases; designing case specific return to work programs as well as assisting with the overall medical management of employees (with acute, intermittent or long durational absence), with the input of their own or independent medical specialists. The candidate will liaise with HRBP’s, managers and employees, as well as medical practitioners / specialists as and when required.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of a variety of medical conditions with strong clinical reasoning, workplace factors, absenteeism & incapacity management and should have the necessary interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with clients and employees both telephonically and face to face. Previous experience in incapacity and disability case management would be extremely advantageous.
The candidate should have 3-5 years clinical experience as well as 1-2 years working within a corporate environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Biopsychosocial analysis of all referred cases to identify and manage risk factors associated with workplace attendance.
• Analysis, verification and interpretation of medical documentation received.
• Sound clinical reasoning in order to set realistic return to work goals, and coordinate resources that supports the employees’ return to work and assists with optimising the overall medical management of the employee.
• To liaise effectively with HRBP’s, managers, employees and medical personnel where required to ensure effective return to work interventions.
• Delivery of accurate medical and general wellness advisory information to clients as part of the case management process.
• Provision of reports to line managers/HR throughout the process to assist in the effective return to work of employees, including the development of transitional programs based on the employee’s functional capacity to ensure a safe and timely return to work.
• Adheres to all appropriate privacy, security and confidentiality policies and procedures. Complies with established best practices.
• Maintain and update all required databases and keep accurate records of all engagements with clients.
• Ensure that protocols and absence management service level agreements are effectively implemented.
• Several pre-employment checks are pre-requisites prior to hiring staff who are not already employees of ICAS e.g. criminal checks, reference checks, previous employment history checks, ID verification, qualification verification, residence and credit checks. In addition relevant work related tests, or psychometric tests may be required in addition to interviews.
This job specification is not exhaustive and may be reviewed as the role develops.
Please forward CV’s with references and contact details to:
Dr Nikki Connellan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Christina Collett – email@example.com
Closing date: 16 February 2018